The architectural firms Franklin Azzi Architecture and CALQ joined forces to add value to this building dating from the 1920’s, which was protected by virtue of its heritage value under the Preservation and Enhancement Plan («PSMV») for the Marais district.
Standing between the Georges Pompidou Centre and Paris’ Hôtel de Ville, the concrete building with a post/beam structure was reconfigured to recapture its original spirit and updated to meet current office standards.
Outstanding features of the existing building such as the monumental staircase and the inner courtyard overlooked by seven floors were restored. The glass roof over the inner courtyard was completely redesigned and is now back to its initial volume, with access to a terrace offering a 360° view over Paris.
OWNER Covéa Immobilier
ASSISTANT HIGH ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY NOX
JOINT ARCHITECTS FRANKLIN AZZI ARCHITECTURE | CALQ
SITE MANAGEMENT CALQ
STUDY OFFICES Terrell | S2T | Mazet & Associés | Cap Horn | A9C | Sadel Ingénierie